Tuesday, March 1, 2011

So much and so little has happened since Friday morning yet I want to remember it all so bear with me as I do a slight recap ramble. I promise, I have cute pictures too!

On Friday I was getting ready to leave my office to go to our main office in River Falls with the rest of my coworkers when I got a call from daycare. Max developed a fever and of course they called me right as I'm supposed to be leaving to go to my going away party. Seriously, would you expect anything less? I got a hold of Grammy and she was able to pick him up so I could attend my party and do a few small things there before leaving early to cuddle my sick boy.

Max remained sick the whole weekend with a fever. Dusty was gone fishing so I was home alone to get up during all hours of the night to soothe him and medicate him. Thankfully, Grammy wasn't scared of a little cold (that's all he had) and she still watched him so I could join my girlfriends in Minneapolis to see the Girls Only play. It was entertaining but I have to say my favorite part was when we got lunch and all talked over each other. Seriously, could I ask for better friends? And it was a great stress reliever with my lack of sleep from Max and the anxiety of leaving work to come home. Here we are at our table for the play.


Dusty got home early on Sunday and I pretty much left him in charge of entertaining the kids and making dinner. (I needed a break.) Max also decided to help Daddy.


Max and Rory then decided Daddy needed to start doing some sit ups and they helped him work his abs.


As you can tell in that last picture, I just sat in my chair catching up on my blogs and snapping photos of how funny those three were being. Like I said, I needed a break.

Monday was an interesting day. I feel like I just went through the motions for a good part of the day at work. Words would not come to me while I would try to explain things to my replacement. Everyone would give me that look that let me know they were going to miss me. I reassured everyone I'd be back to visit and to show of the two cutest kids in the world. And then it was over.

Well first there was the second, impromptu going away lunch. Yeah, we really are classy.


There was also an extremely long process of goodbyes at daycare as we stopped in every room the kids had ever been in for hugs and cards from the teachers and kids. And then we were home where Daddy was making dinner, and I left after that to go to my Zumba class just like any other Monday. It was a strange day and I was exhausted by the end of it.

So far today Max woke up crying twice in the wee hours of the morning. He decided it was time to finally get up at 5:30am. Then he and Rory spilt my toxic drying beads for my hearing aids all over my floor. We had to go to my work this morning to get a bunch of things I forgot; and yet I still have to have Dusty stop there to get more stuff that I still forgot from that trip. Auntie stopped by and played with the kids and I burnt their grilled cheeses while talking to her and setting up for lunch. Sheesh!

But now they're sleeping and I'm finally getting a chance to record this all down. I wish I could do an accurate job of showing my emotions but the reality is there are so many emotions going on that not one of them stands out and instead they all seem to be fighting to stay hidden. I'm sort of unfeeling while also feeling everything. Maybe shock would be a better term? I'm just in shock that this is finally happening and I'm acting shell shocked, walking around unemotionally as I try to recover from the closing of one chapter and the opening of another. Thankfully, I know I've got a great book, so even though its scary now I still believe in the happy ending.

Oh, and because I can't end on such a corny note, BOOGERS! (They're currently taking over my house.) Dang cold season go away!

No comments:

Post a Comment