Thursday, March 3, 2011

You guys? I am so excited right now! I wasn't going to post about the MS Walk just yet. I sent out my emails and I like to space out my blog post and then my facebook post hoping for donations and also using them as reminders for people who want to donate but like to put it off. I know, I'm really smart at my organization. But none of that matters now because I absolutely have to share this...TODAY!

I went to the gym today and the instructor for the class I tried out is organizing the Hudson, WI walk. Like organizing THE WHOLE THING. Can you imagine? And she's a volunteer. Well, the gym I attend is the sponsor for that area so I'm sure she's working on it while at work but I also know she's working on it at home too because it's been pretty stressful. We had a great talk, I took some cards to help her pass around to business organizations and we're going to get in touch so I can give her a hand with organizing the walk.

Isn't that awesome?! Not only am I going to be raising money but I get to volunteer and help with some of the little things that will make the walk successful for everyone that attends the Hudson walk! I'm really excited about this. I wanted to do some volunteer work while home because, lets face it, it looks really great on a resume when I do finally return to work, and its even cooler if it is for an organization that I'm already involved in!

So that is my excitement for the day. Max is having a rough day today and I'm blaming it on the adjustment to being home. He freaked out when I left him at the childcare area while I worked out, but of course had a great time shortly after I left. He's thrown monster tantrums and refuses to listen. Thankfully I've settled in my shock so it really is manageable and expected. We'll adjust.

Oh, and the nitty gritty, for any of you that want to donate you can go here, http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/amcochran, and donate online or you can send me an check made out to 'National MS Society'. (Email me if you don't have my address.) Thank you for your support whether monetary or good thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment