Monday, March 21, 2011

This Sunday I was able to get together a bunch of my girl friends from high school! It was so fun to see them all and I was happy to show my two kids off to the bunch. Of course, after a half hour, I was ready to send the kids away so I could actually get a chance to talk to the girls. So next time we get together it will be without the kids! Here we are, trying to take a good picture but someone was always moving or closing their eyes so this is the best one I have!


This weekend was also quite the experience with Max. On Friday we decided to try a new pizza place. We got there and they had toys for kids, it was small and homey, and they had taco pizza - my favorite kind! It was seriously the perfect little pizza place. During dinner Max pointed to our waitress and asked her if she had an "owie". She showed him her thick bracelet that looked like a band aid and we laughed and she turned to walk away. Max yells to her, "Bye Boobie!"

Seriously? Where did he get that? I've never once heard Dusty or I call each other "boobies" nor anyone else. We do use the word for the appropriate body part but we've never used it as a name for someone. So this weekend we've been working on words that are and are not appropriate. He still tries to call people boobies, but now it's more for the reaction since the initial reaction was so good. He also asks me all the time if he can say "darn it", "gosh" and "jeez". He knows those are good words and we don't say the other ones, but he likes to have us tell him what a good job he's doing saying the right words and as long as that works, I'll keep reassuring him.

Oh, don't worry. I have yet one more Max story to share, like I said, it's been quite the weekend.

Saturday night I was home alone with the kids and exhausted after spending a good chunk of our day at the farm. I put Max and Rory to bed and jumped into the shower. I heard Max jumping around upstairs but by the time I finished he was back in his room so I just let it be. Sunday morning Max comes to the counter in the kitchen and grabs the M&M container that is sitting on it. I told him he couldn't have any candy. Max proceeds to open it and tells me, "No Mama, I ate them last night. They all gone."

WHAT?! So that was the noise I was hearing Saturday night in the shower! Max climbing up and down from the counter to grab and eat M&Ms. Seriously! And it wasn't like I could punish him, I had to be happy he was being honest with me, right?

I've got my hands full with this boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment