Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I love having Max and Rory so close in age. They play together so nicely and are becoming fast friends. One afternoon, while Rory was still sleeping, Max told me "I missing Rory Mama". How can that not melt your heart? And whenever Max is gone Rory is quick to ask "Where Mac go?" (Yes, she says Mac, x's are a bit hard for her yet.) I tell you, it is just bliss.

Except when we want to do something. Then I quickly become jealous of all the mommy's with only one kid with them. The library is becoming my least favorite place to take the kids. They have a story hour, where Rory refuses to sit still and Max is constantly having to be reminded to sit on his butt so the kids behind him can see. Then I am stuck shuffling between the two of them helping them with their craft and trying to prevent them from making too big of a mess when I'm with the other child. There is a lot of chasing in two opposite ways. In their defense, there are other kids, toys, and lots of chaos after library hour so I can't be too mad that they aren't listening, but I certainly am envious of those parents with just one small child they have to chase after and keep an eye on.

The good news is that I turned in Max's sign-up for preschool. Come September I will be a one child parent for a few glorious hours twice a week! And the heavens opened up...


Or the sunrise was pretty enough for me to take a quick picture of and share. To each their own...

No comments:

Post a Comment