Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Dusty and I have a very small Irish heritage each, so we really don't celebrate but while at the gym today they were talking about the St. Patrick's Day parade in New Richmond. It started at 4 so I called Dusty to make sure he got home in time and we loaded up the kids and left with a good 10 minute cushion.

Seriously. It's a small town and I tend to over plan and arrive way too early to things so I thought I did good. I was all proud of myself until we hit stop and go traffic about a mile out of town. Seriously, I had no idea their St. Patrick's Day parade was that big of a deal!

They have llamas, camels, and reindeer! (How that is Irish, I don't know.)


Max was a trooper waving to everyone that went past, and even was able to bring home some candy.


Rory was content eating her snack in the stroller.


She'd throw out the occasional "Neigh" when a horse went by and even did some dancing during the Irish bagpipes but was otherwise rather nonchalant about the whole thing.


Max was very into pointing out all the stuff and waving hello. Although he wasn't a fan of the Leprechaun and wouldn't stand next to him until Daddy stood with him. But in my hurry to get a picture I cut off Daddy's head! Oops!


So next year, I'll be better prepared and show up with plenty of time to park and find a good spot so we aren't in the second row, across from one of the Irish bars in town. At least the crowd was lively!

No comments:

Post a Comment