Friday, October 8, 2010

The other day I went to go pick up the kids from daycare and they were playing outside. The way the daycare is laid out is that they have blacktop directly behind the building and then there is a playground to the right that is fenced off and designed for the older kids, a playground to the left that is fenced off and designed for the younger kids. There is also a soccer field and garden behind the blacktop that is fenced off. If that confused you, there are four separate fenced in playgrounds and usually Max and Rory are completely apart with the blacktop area between them.

Since Rory is still small, she only plays in the playground for younger children. Max is now big enough for all playgrounds and the other day I walked out to see him rolling a ball back and forth with one of his friends on the blacktop. While I walked out I was looking for Rory and I spotted her sitting at the fence watching her brother play with his friend. I was feeling a little sorry for her, since I know she wanted to play with her brother but then I saw the cutest thing. Max got up and walked over to the fence and sat down on the other side. Then he and Rory started "talking" to each other through the fence. I just stopped and stared, it was such a special moment for me to see my two children showing such affection for each other.

It was such a special moment and made this Mama so proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment