Thursday, October 21, 2010

I've got some more small stories to share today!

Story #1:
Max was sent home with a field trip permission slip from daycare two weeks ago. It needed to be turned in by this Friday and there are notes all over daycare reminding parents to turn them in. I wrote the check and signed it this weekend, but kept forgetting to bring it in with me from the car. I finally remembered yesterday and gave it to his teacher joking that I was waiting until the very last minute to keep them on their toes. Lo-and-behold I find out that I am the FIRST parent to turn in their slip!

It's so nice to hear that I'm not the only scatterbrained parent, that I really am normal, no matter how much I seem to think that is not the case. Heck, I can even claim to be better then normal since I was the first! (For Max's small classroom that is - lets not compare me to all the parents at daycare, I'd be scared to see the results.)

Story #2:
Friday evening I decided to do some house cleaning since it was just the kids and I at home and we had guests coming Saturday. Max has always been quite the helper and likes to help me push the vacuum around, vacuum up the dirt pile I've swept up from the floor, and other little things I can find for him to do. After a while he got sick of helping me vacuum. So I told him to go clean up the bedrooms so I could vacuum in there. Next thing I know he is running out of his bedroom yelling at me to "Go there!" while he runs into Rory's room. Sure enough, he'd picked everything up off of his floor and was rushing to pick up all the toys off of Rory's floor while I vacuumed his room. What a great little helper I have!

Story #3:
Rory has decided that walking just isn't her thing. Her teachers at daycare have all been laughing as they each tell me their own version of how stubborn Rory is and how she'll pretty much look right at you like she is going to walk towards you and then will instead just squat down and crawl in a completely different direction!

Last night I was teasing her and would stop her from squatting and then would back up so she had to take a step towards me. It only took a couple of steps for her to catch on to my little game and instead of doing what I wanted, she would just launch herself forward fully trusting that I would catch her, instead of walking towards me. She is such a silly little girl, at this rate she'll be crawling when she's 3!

Story #4::
Don't you wish you had a husband that did a good majority of the cooking and looked this good in an apron?!


Dusty and Max were originally wearing the aprons, then I took Max's and put it on to lots of giggles and squeals. Naturally I decided it was the perfect photo opportunity. Don't let the apron fool you, Dusty was cooking, I was playing with my babies.

1 comment:

  1. I don't do the cooking in my house. Tony does about 90% of it!

    ReplyDelete