Thursday, October 28, 2010

Last Saturday it was just me and the kids as Dusty had plans. I told them I'd take them to the park but of course we didn't get loaded up as quickly as I'd hoped and it started raining as soon as we pulled out of the driveway. It looked clearer towards Stillwater and after a quick phone call to Dido to confirm it was still dry there we were racing to get to a park before the rain got there.

I took them to Pioneer Park and we had the whole playground to ourselves! On top of that, it's beautiful on the top of the bluff where the park is situated that overlooks the St. Croix river valley. I took the kids over to look at the Stillwater Lift Bridge on the south side of the park. Max was excited to watch all the cars driving on it, and also upset that there weren't any boats in the water.


Once they got bored with that we were off to play at the park! We spent a lot of time on the swings, as it is so rare you can get two swings next to each other and not feel rushed because there are other people waiting. Like I said, we had the whole park to ourselves, so we had lots of time to perfect the art of an underdog!





We had a really fun time, and were able to play for almost an hour before the rain finally showed up. I'm looking forward to next year, as I won't be stuck holding Rory's hands to help her walk or carrying her around. (And I may not have to go down anymore tube slides that are just a bit too short for me to sit comfortably!)

No comments:

Post a Comment