Monday, October 4, 2010

My dad, sisters, and I threw my mom a 50th birthday party this past weekend, and it was so much fun! We'd been planning it for a few months now, and it was not a surprise, my mom was even in a bit with the planning as we wanted to make sure she had some say. Thursday we were at their house cleaning and doing the pre-prep work. There was lots of food to buy and many pictures to go through as we wanted to have a good spread of times, friends and family. It got to be a late night!

Saturday was a whirlwind of greatness. The pig was roasting when we pulled up at 9am (they got there at 6) and the smell was so good. It was impossible not to dream of bacon and ham and everything delicious. I should mention, pig is my favorite meat and bacon is exactly what Grandma G used to convince me to stop being a vegetarian back in those trial adolescent years. Yeah, I love me some bacon. So needless to say, I was so happy to start the setup with that aroma in the air.

Some of the greatest showed up early to help us out and were even kind enough to do the rest of the food setup while we were busy getting some family pictures taken. (Thank you Cindy, Barb, Grandma and everyone else!) We paid to have a photographer at the party for a couple hours that took our family pictures and then also took a bunch of pictures of everyone at the party so that we could focus on visiting with guests and keeping everything stocked. It went really well and I'm really excited to see those pictures in a few weeks.

We had a really great time and I absolutely love our family and friends, they made the party so great. It was certainly not warm out and everyone trooped along. Eventually we moved to the bonfire pit where drinks and merriment went hand in hand, along with some great stories. Thank you to everyone that came, it meant a lot to us and we had so much fun!

I didn't take a lot of pictures since we had the photographer and I was busy, but enjoy what I do have. 

Sorry if you're squeamish!


The birthday girl's cake.


My sister's and I before our family pictures. No, we did not wear dresses all night, it was just for the pictures.


The twins, can you imagine?!


Me and my fake cousins.


Mom and a bunch of her girl friends.


My #1 daughter glass, because you know I'm special!


It was quite a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment