Tuesday, October 5, 2010

10 things that have made me happy recently:
  1. The woman from the county that analyzed Max called and sang her praises of our daycare. It's nice to hear it in person as we only had her written report prior to this.
  2. Dusty told Randy that he and Ashley could stay at our house for a couple of days while they were between rentals and then completely forgot about it, let alone to tell me! If it was for more then a few days I may be upset, but instead I have this in my back pocket to use for a rainy day.
  3. Rory has learned how to hug! Need I say more?
  4. I started a Zumba class this month and it feels great. It also gives me one day a week to not have to rush home and be able to run errands.
  5. My back appears to be finally healed and I even got the OK from my chiropractor to come back when necessary since he didn't see anything out of place. That was really putting me in a grouchy mood!
  6. Dusty was able to sell both of our cars and purchase a newer, more reliable car in their place. We only own two vehicles now. It's been a while!
  7. I was able to prepare and freeze quite a few meals which means that we'll be eating good for a couple weeks thanks to one day of hard work. We're also saving money this way as it is much cheaper to make your own meals then to order or go out to eat.
  8. Rory is interacting and "talking" with us so much more. She uses her signs and will sing and dance all the time. Now if only I could convince her to start walking. She keeps standing on her own but refuses to take those first steps. Come on Rory!
  9. Max has taken to covering his head with his blanket or pillow in the morning if he doesn't want to wake up and will say "I'm sleepin' Mama". Seriously? Is there anything cuter then a 2 year old acting like a sweet little teenager?!
  10. We've actually had a few quiet hours this last weekend where we got to just relax at home with the kids. I know I say this all the time, but they really are great kids. Max, Rory and I would ride down the slide together, then Max and I would crawl back up and Dusty would hand Rory to us so we could all slide again. Dusty is excellent at spider swinging with the kids, they both got giggles doing that with Daddy. And both of them loved getting dirty while we cleaned up the garden. It was a great to have some quiet, unstructured family time.
1 Thing that made me stronger:
  1. While hosting my mom's birthday party this weekend Rory took a spill from the chair to the tile floor below. She was crying pretty hard and between that and all the junk food she threw up. Since I was comforting her at the time she threw up all over my hair, my sweater, my jeans and her shirt. Someone gave me a towel and I whisked her away to my parent's bathroom. Thankfully I only had to remove Rory's sweater and she was good to go since it all ended up on me anyway. I had to remove my sweater, wash all the vomit out of my hair, and get it off my jeans. Once the jeans were vomit free I cuffed them to cover the wet spot and threw on a sweatshirt. Within 30 minutes Rory and I were presentable again. There may not be such a thing as Super Mom, but I can claim Puke and Rally Mom instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment