Thursday, December 23, 2010

Max slept in his big boy underwear for the first time last night. This is very exciting news!

We've adjusted to having only one kid in diapers rather poorly. Instead of bringing the diaper bag everywhere like we would have with Max, we usually forget it at home and end up using my diaper reserves in my car for Rory. This means we don't have any bibs for Rory, sippy cups or snacks. You know, the general well packed bag for any situation? Well it's usually sitting at home while we're stuck in those situations. So Rory is having to tough things out a lot sooner then Max ever did. I'm assuming this is normal. There are a lot of experiences from Max that we brought in with raising Rory that helped tenfold, but sometimes I feel like she gets the short end of the stick.

Take this morning for instance. Max didn't like that I had the music on in the car and told me "Mama talk to me." So I started to ask Max questions and also tried to include Rory. But while Max can answer me, Rory can't yet, and she gets very frustrated about that. While I'm talking to Max, Rory is usually yelling her babble talk at me as if to say "I'm here too, understand me!"

My little girl is growing up so fast yet wants to grow up faster, and my little boy is certainly turning into a little man now that he's out of diapers! And I'm here, trying to hold them in this moment, where the kisses and hugs are endless. I'm not going to say kids grow up too fast, but I will say some days seem to go faster then others. I love those two!

No comments:

Post a Comment