Tuesday, December 7, 2010

After our exciting adventures outside...we spent the rest of the day on Saturday making a mess of the house. First we started in the basement where all the toys were thrown all over the floor so the kids had no room to move yet every toy imaginable to play with!


The bonus to this was that I was able to clean out their toys and make room for new ones with the holidays by removing toys they've outgrown or are broken. Yeah, they look really upset about that decision don't they?



Max decided that napping just wasn't his thing and only slept for a half hour. After trying to get him to go back to sleep I finally gave in and we made cutout sugar cookies. (I know, doing something fun during nap time isn't a good idea but we needed a quiet activity since Rory was sleeping like a good little girl and Max really was not going to sleep, I tried.) Also? It was quick and fun with just the two of us.



Do you notice a little boy fingerprint in this cookie?


Honestly? The cookies turned out horrible; they were rock hard. And I didn't even have frosting to put on the tops because I wasn't planning to do it that day. I just had a package of sugar cookie mix I picked up with a coupon and I know I won't be doing that again! I mean, it couldn't have been the cooks fault the cookies were so hard, right?!

1 comment: