Monday, December 13, 2010

I know everyone already knows we had quite the storm this weekend, but since I keep this as an online journal I feel I have to document it here.

To recap:
The snow started falling Saturday morning and didn't stop until Sunday morning. We received almost 2 feet of snow in that 24 hour period. The International airport completely shut down, Mall of America closed and the roof of the Metrodome collapsed. Yeah, talk about "this day in history".

The snow drifts at our house were taller then Max.



So we were stuck home all weekend. Thankfully we had planned ahead and decided to pick up a Christmas tree Friday evening instead of cutting one down during the weekend as we had originally planned. Say hello to our perfect, little, Christmas tree!


The kids had fun running through the little lot the Boy Scouts had setup, and apparently they did really well this year as the local Walmart didn't sell trees. Good for them!


Yeah, I don't know what prompted Rory to sit down in the snow but she sure thought it was funny!


Her little tushy all covered in snow!


The rest of the weekend was spent at home, inside from the snow mostly. We got the tree all decorated, Dusty and I made some holiday treats, and lots of messes were made. I'll post more pictures throughout the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment