Thursday, February 17, 2011

If you remember, I had listed that I looked into a few places to visit when I booked my trip to Miami. Dusty was most comfortable with me taking my alone trip if I took it in a location where we knew someone for that "just in case" reassurance. Don and Roberto are friends of Dusty's family and live in Miami. Don was a huge help for our wedding as he assisted with the groom's dinner and danced the pants right off my grandma at our wedding. (I'm still laughing as I recall those two tearing up the dance floor!)

I called them to let them know that I had booked a hotel in Miami and wanted to know if they would like to get together for dinner one night. Don and Roberto were so great! Not only did they invite me to have dinner at their home but they also insisted on being my transportation for the weekend. They even met me at the airport with some snacks for my room. Don called to check in with me twice a day to make sure that I was doing well, suggesting places I could check out that were close to my hotel if I felt like going out, and laughing at my desire to just sit and read and do nothing.

We had dinner on Sunday evening while watching the Grammy awards. I will never be able to watch the Grammy awards again unless I am in Miami and with Don and Roberto. Their enthusiasm and commentary throughout the whole show MADE the show for me. I didn't know it was possible to giggle so much over the Grammy awards.

Of course, I never once took out my camera while at their home. And when we were in the car driving around (they were great for car tours of Miami) my camera was always in my bag in the back seat. So, no pictures of Don, Roberto and myself. You'll just have to imagine some of the most fun guys around and then you'll know who I was with!

Thank you so much Don and Roberto! I hope we get to see each other again really, really soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment