Friday, February 4, 2011

So today started out well. We all got up and got ready. Max was especially crabby this morning so I was pretty much covered in snot, drool, and tears by the time we got out the door. We get to daycare and I turn around to talk to Max but stop. His face is suddenly covered with a rash.

So I leave Max in the car, bring Rory in and tell them I'm taking Max to the doctor to investigate a rash. So I get back out to the car, call and get us an early appointment and we're off to the doctor. With Max singing, mind you, because besides the rash and a case of the crabby pants first thing this morning he doesn't seem to be ill at all.

So naturally he has a positive strep test.

I am reassured that I am not crazy and was correct in thinking the rash was a sign of strep even if he does not have a fever or seem to be bothered by the extremely large tonsils they found. Since we're already at the doctor's I get a quick appointment to the audiology department and Max and I fill his prescription and get some breakfast between the appointments. (I love that there is a cafe and a pharmacy all right there!) I end up having to send off my hearing aid because it is malfunctioning. Not the end of the world but I wish I didn't feel like an 80 year old woman because I have a hearing aid I need to take care of. I mean, I'm trying to take care of a 2 year old, 1 year old and hearing aids? That just isn't supposed to be happening at the same time.

Thankfully, Max did amazing at the doctor's! We were there for almost 2 hours when it was all said and done and outside of needing some reminders to not yell or climb on chairs? He really was very good. Oh, and I am that mom that lets my kid run around the waiting room. Especially when my appointment was supposed to start 15 minutes ago. The nice old lady that was sharing the waiting room with us? She didn't mind Max's energy and even scolded me for not letting Max climb on the chairs. "Oh, his boots should be dry enough from the carpeting!" Ha ha! I loved her!

Now I just wait for Rory to get it. Max and Rory shared dinner and a sippy cup last night so it isn't a question of if she'll get it, just when. Happy Friday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment