Thursday, February 10, 2011

Dusty and I made a big decision this week. Well, actually, the decision was finally made last week but we didn't start announcing it until this week. (Trust me, you don't even want to hear all the circles I talked myself into while we weighed the pros and cons.) As of March I will be staying home with my children full time!

To best summarize my feelings, I'm stealing a line from Armageddon (the movie).  "I got that 'excited/scared' feeling. Like 98% excited, 2% scared. Or maybe it's more - It could be two - it could be 98% scared, 2% excited but that's what makes it so intense..."

Some days I'm super excited. Like when we started telling people about it and all the great advice and encouragement came out. Then I start thinking about my kids and how comfortable they are at daycare, the friends they've made and the education they are getting there and I get scared that I can't compete. You don't have to reassure me, I'm doing fine. This is just who I am and my feelings will continue to fluctuate between excited and scared until we adjust to our new schedule, whatever that may be.

And to keep this post from getting to wordy and to also point out just what an amazing mother I am and will continue to be. Let's reflect on the last night's incident. Rory was playing with my phone and I went in the bathroom to start the bathtub and the kids followed me in. Rory followed me in without my phone. So I quick went to the living room to try to find it. After a couple minutes I located it and returned to the bathroom to find this:


Yes, that's right. I left my children unattended in the bathroom with the bathtub filling up. I am such a good mother! For the record, I've never claimed to be perfect. Amazing yes, perfect no.

2 comments:

  1. Dying. So funny!! And congrats on staying home with the kids. I say it's a great gig if you can afford it. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up! You are an amazing mother!! Congrats on your new job - I'm sure you'll love it. And I have to admit that I'm looking forward to even more fun blogging stories :-) Road trip to Atlanta?! Sure... why not!

    ReplyDelete