Thursday, February 24, 2011

While Rory does a lot of talking, her talking is mainly gibberish we're stuck deciphering. So I feel like she gets the short end of the stick whenever I share funny stories. So today is all about Rory!

Story #1:
This morning I went to get Rory in her crib and she was awake and giggly. I started throwing her blanket over her head and taking it off and saying "Peek a Boo!" She naturally thought this was a great game but then suddenly started saying "no more". So I stopped. Then she got mad and started making the sign for "more" and saying "no more" at the same time. Talk about confusing! In her excitement she was saying "More! More!" although it was coming out "mo mo". So we happily played "Peek a Boo!" for another few minutes with her screaming "mo mo" for my enjoyment.

Story #2:
Rory's new favorite game is to be chased. This isn't bad in itself but it does pose a problem when you want her to come near you and she takes a couple tentative steps and then turns away squealing in delight. The worst part is that her laugh is so contagious! I can be completely upset that she has run away and I will try to express that emotion while going to get her but as soon as she is in my arms squealing and laughing it is impossible not to smile and laugh with her. She really just thinks it is the greatest game in the world and doesn't understand that it is wrong. I'm just smiling seeing her doing it right now and laughing at how much my reaction is going to hurt us down the road. I promise you. I am doing everything in my power to show her that it is not OK to run away, I'm just not strong enough to overcome her squeals of delight I tell you! She's good...

Story #3:
I was hoping to start potty training Rory this spring when it gets warmer out; I can put her in dresses so it's easier to go. Rory apparently has different plans. Every evening this week she has insisted on sitting on the potty chair after Max goes potty. And as of yesterday morning she now insists on sitting on the potty chair after Max again. I'm feeling ambitious with this new curiosity of hers and may try some potty training next week since I'll be home with her all day. We'll see how it goes, it is sooner then I had expected, she isn't even 18 months yet, but the girl is curious and I think it's best to run with it. It may just be a short lived thing so I'm not getting my hopes up, but it does make me excited that she could be showing us she's ready to go big girl potty!

Story #4:
My baby girl is going to be 18 months old next month. My initial thought when I figured this out was "Huh? she isn't even 18 months old?" Either I'm completely unaware of where Max was at this age or she really does act a lot older than Max did and I'm swinging towards the latter. I think it's all this talking she does that throws me. She just seems able to communicate so much better that it makes her appear so much older than she is. I'm going to have to get in extra baby cuddles while I can with that one. She's 18 months going on 8... I love that girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment