Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I like working. I enjoy the break from the kids and I enjoy feeling useful. That was one of the biggest factor in the "cons" side of the list while debating if I should stay home. Obviously we know where that "Pros and Cons" list lead to as I'll be staying home with the kids starting March 1st.

This week I've got a list of things I need to do at work and the main items are cleaning out my desk, cleaning the surrounding area and organizing my computer. Basically I'm removing myself and after 5 years, that is no easy feat. I was sad thinking about doing it, and I thought I'd have a hard time. Instead I find it really rejuvenating! Sure there are things that I hate to let go, to pass on to someone else because I'm so sure they won't be able to do it as well as I have, but I'm mainly feeling excited. I'm so happy to write that! It feels GOOD to remove myself from this space!

One of my friends pointed out that I did not seem very excited about our decision and I think that is because I've been dreading leaving the working world. This unexpected feeling of happiness, rejuvenation, and peace are reaffirming in me that I am making the right decision.

This next week is going to be rough. Next Monday will be sad. Next Tuesday I will be starting a new chapter and I'm looking forward to it!

1 comment:

  1. You will probably enjoy being home more than you realize! I don't mind being back part time but it is also a little harder than I thought it would be. I felt a little sad when I went on leave at the state (knowing there was a good chance I wasn't going back) anyway, the day I left I actually felt kind of sad cause I had also been there over 5 years, and when I went back last week to visit. I was reassured that not going back was a GREAT decision! I am glad you are feeling a little excited about staying home I really think you won't regret it!

    ReplyDelete