Monday, January 31, 2011

Today started out with Max greeting me at my bedroom door, unannounced, 15 minutes before I had to be up and 30 minutes before I usually get him up. I open the garage to see there is a nice accumulation of snow on the ground that I was not expecting, which means my commute will be slower than usual. After dropping the kids off at daycare I had to make a trip back home and then back to daycare as I forgot the gigantic bag of stuff they needed. Because of this, I had to call and push back my doctor's appointment as there was no way I was going to make it on time. Oh, and then on my way to this appointment, I zoned out and started to drive to work instead thus adding more time to my commute.

Can we say "Happy Monday Ashley!" because I certainly started out the work week on a grand scale.

But then I look at these and it's not such a big deal.



We had the honor of watching our god daughter, Miss Lyla June, stay with us this weekend and boy did the kids have a blast with her! Whenever we get together with our cousins the kids are running on full energy the whole time. I figured that would only last for the first night, that by Saturday things would settle down. Boy was I wrong. Those three were at it all day Saturday too!




Sunday was much calmer. There was the anticipation of Mommy and Daddy coming to get Lyla, the novelty of having our cousin over was finally getting old, and we had a few extra men over to entertain the kids by showing them the great craft of grinding up meat.


Oh, and let's not forget the pool full of balls in the basement that also may have helped in tiring them out really quickly!



We also had Bella stay with us which was awesome because I hardly had any clean up after meals! Bella was also easily entertained, patient with all the kids, and extremely happy to have so much free roaming area in our yard. You could say she was also running on full energy as this is how I found Bella Saturday evening.


Don't you love how she passed on top of the train track and some really uncomfortable blocks?

The weekend was great, so I'm going to give my Monday a pass and hope that Tuesday will be better!

1 comment:

  1. You are good girl! Tire out the kids AND the dog. When I can send my two boys and dog up your way?! Tomorrow??

    ReplyDelete