Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Rory and I are home alone today which works out really well. Max can burn off his pent up energy with his friends at daycare, Rory can get all the hugs and cuddles she needs in between her sudden bursts of energy, and I was able to get in a much needed nap with my baby after the nights of restless sleep.

So today a short yet funny post.

First, a couple Maxisms:

A couple weeks ago I had hung up the phone after arguing with the person on the other line. Max noticed this and asked me, "Mama, are you mad?"
-Yes Max, I am mad.
"Daddy beat you?"

Oh man was I laughing when Max asked me this. Then I looked at Dusty who was also laughing and it dawned on me why Max had asked such an absurd question. Dusty and I play video games together in front of the kids and when Dusty beats me (which is most of the time) I always tell Max that I'm mad because Daddy beat me. So that must have been his rational as to asking if Daddy beat me. The things that kid picks up on!

My second Maxism, which involves poop so you've been warned:

Daddy gives Max "treats" if he goes poop for him. I do not. Daycare does not. Max doesn't even ask for them from me anymore. This has lead to Max trying to poop whenever Daddy is home. This last weekend we can hear Max grunting in the bathroom. When it stops? This is the announcement.

"Daddy I pooped!"
-Good job Max.
"Daddy come wipe my butt!"
-Don't you want Mommy?
"No! Daddy, come wipe my butt!"

Ha ha, serves him right if he's going to be spoiling our boy with treats for just doing what he should be doing. Dusty is the king of the butt wipes over hear folks. And yes, that does make me giggle outloud!

Lastly, my little girl's hair has been out of control with her illness. Playing with her hair is one of her calming mechanisms and since she's sick her hair is constantly getting pulled in all directions. Isn't she just crazy looking?!


Hopefully you enjoyed the little stories. I'm off to get my cuddles in with my little girl while the cuddling is good!

1 comment: