Thursday, January 27, 2011

Max has become quite the story teller. I won't say liar because it appears to just be a stage and not a real problem at this point. Plus? It is so incredibly funny sometimes!

During the party on Tuesday Lyla came running over to me and told me that Max hit her, and then showed me how Max shoved her on her shoulder. As I was telling Lyla how that was not very nice Max came barreling out of the hallway and starts yelling "I no hit Lyla!" Then he proceeds to tell this long, animated story.

He tells me that he went over to Lyla and they both started hitting each other. He starts punching the air at this point as if they got into a fist fight, which was hilarious. Another giggler was when he said "and then..." and he starts choking his neck and says "Lyla did this." At this point, I am laughing. I can't help it! Katie is talking to Lyla and I turn around to see if she sees what Max is doing. Apparently she missed it but I am just grinning, such a bad mother I am. I shouldn't be encouraging him to tell such stories, and if you know Lyla, you know that she more than likely did not engage in a fist fight and then attempted to choke Max. She is far too dignified for something like that! Thankfully, they were both pretty riled up from all the people at the party and the incident was forgotten before it even started. Seriously though? Where did this little story teller come from?

Oh, and because I know you guys enjoy these. Another funny moment in my life.

Max told me in the car yesterday that "Daddy calls me 'Babe.'"
I laughed and said, "No, Daddy calls me 'Babe,' you 'Buddy,' and Rory 'Boogers'.
Max yells back at me, "No, Daddy calls me 'Babe'!"
OK Max Man, you can be Daddy's "Babe".

No comments:

Post a Comment