Monday, January 10, 2011

Grandma and Bopa were gracious enough to take the kids up to the lake this weekend so Dusty and I could get a little break. After the holidays and all the illnesses it was really appreciated, and needed, as I slept for 12 hours between Friday night and Saturday morning.

Saturday was a lot of fun as we enjoyed being childless again. We started out with bloodies and Bingo.


Dusty won the first game meaning we were playing for free the whole time! I ended up winning the last game which left us $7 ahead when you added up our drinks and food too. Such a great start to our day. (Oh, and Andrea also called into the bar and ordered us a round on her which was totally unexpected and super sweet. I have such great sisters!)

After annihilating at Bingo we did a little shopping, met up with Ashley and Randy for some dinner and cocktails, and then we went bowling!


Yes, I did have to take a picture of my bowling shoes. I really did.

It was a late night, keeping me up until almost 3am which is usually impossible. We had a really great time and I'm super happy we had friends that were able to get together last minute. Sunday? Well lets just say I spent a lot of time on my couch. The kids didn't get home until late so they were whisked off to bed, but not before Max got to show me the picture of his and Bopa's fish!

Everyone's starting out healthy this week, with stories to share, so it was a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment