Friday, November 12, 2010

This morning was a bit of a silly morning and thankfully I was quick enough to write down some of the funny comments that were made because of it. You should know first, that Max started wearing big boy underwear yesterday at daycare. It was a spur of the moment decision and he was dry from 9am until 4:30pm, including staying dry throughout his nap. Of course, once he went outside that changed, but it's a work in progress.

So yesterday we went home and put together a little care package for daycare including lots of extra pants and Max picked out what undies he wanted to bring with. Then at dinner he shared with Grandma, Bopa, Auntie and Ta-Ta about his new big boy undies. (He was in a pull-up for dinner, I was not dealing with that on top of late bedtimes!)

This morning he woke up and got extremely excited about his underwear and was just all around in a goofy, silly, highly energetic mood. I, was not fully awake. Upon helping him get his underwear on I wanted to try to stress the importance of telling an adult when he has to go potty. Instead, what came out was, "You don't want to piss...er...I mean you don't want to get your robot wet, OK?" Yes, I am such a classy Mom at 6am in the morning!

After getting our undies on we went downstairs to bounce around on Mommy and Daddy's bed while Daddy attempted to sleep. (At least Rory slept in this morning, someone had to!) So we're all sitting around being goofy and I decide I want to update my Facebook status and share my excellent morning discussion with Max. Max, seeing the picture of Dusty and I that I have on my profile page, gets all excited to point us out.

After he points to me I say, "Am I a good looking girl or what Max?" To which Max replies, "What Mama!" He was far too excited about his answer for me to be upset that he had just insulted me.

Then Max points at Daddy and says, "Daddy, you smiling!" and Dusty's smartypants reply? "I was happy that day."

Oh, what a lovely, goofy morning with our very talkative, highly energetic, little man. Tomorrow, he better let us sleep in!

No comments:

Post a Comment