Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I always feel guilty when I skip a day on my blog, but yesterday was just not a good day. Also? I don't have anymore cute pictures to share, we're all caught up and it's only Wednesday! Can you believe that? So you'll just have to enjoy yourself with some of my stories.
  1. Now that Max is 2.5 years old, he has decided to lose the ability to control himself in his anger. What this means is, Max will seek you out if you've made him upset and hit you. Oh, aren't I so lucky? I realize this is developmentally normal, and we are working with him on appropriate ways to handle his anger, but it does make for some funny stories too! Sunday morning Dusty had to leave us and help out his family at the farm. We were all sitting enjoying our breakfast and then Dusty got up to leave. When I explained to Max that Daddy had to go Max became very upset. So you'd think he'd be mad at Dusty right? Nope, apparently Max hasn't heard the saying "Don't shoot the messenger." He climbed out of his chair crying and headed my way and I assumed he needed a hug. So imagine my surprise when he hits me and says "No Mommy!" Thanks a lot for that one Daddy!
  2. As I stated before, it took Max a little while to take his nap in his new big boy bed on Saturday. The first time I walked into his room I found him in bed, sitting up, with more books than his bed could hold, and the lights on. I calmly explained that he could only have 2 books in bed at a time and the light has to remain off during nap time. Shortly after I left Max comes running out to me all proud to report that "Rory broke it!" and handed me a ripped book. I couldn't help it, I busted out laughing! Where in the world did he come up with the idea that it would be ok to come out of his room and show me a broken book while he is supposed to be napping? Since when did Rory become his scape goat? And why was he so proud to report that Rory broke it? Such a silly, naughty, little man!
  3. Rory has developed the sign and pout. If you're a regular follower on my blog, you'll remember all the times Max would guilt people into giving him something by signing "more" and getting all pouty faced. Well, apparently that is in our genes because Rory has developed this ability! And not only that, but those dimples man, they really work to her benefit! The other day, I'm trying to get the kids to join me by the front door and get their shoes and coats on so we could leave. I look up to see Rory sitting at the top of the stairs with big eyes, a fat lower lip pushed out, and she's signing "more" meaning she is hungry. Now how can I starve my poor little baby? Sure enough, she suckered me into getting both her and Max a granola bar for the car ride. That sneaky little girl!
  4. Lately, Rory has shown a real dislike at the fact that she cannot talk to me like Max can. While in the car, Max and I were talking and Rory got really upset. As soon as I started asking her questions she calmed down immediately and got this satisfied little look on her face. It didn't matter that she couldn't answer, she just wanted me to carry on a conversation with her like I had been with Max! She's also been making all sorts of weird noises when I'm talking, I'm pretty sure she thinks she's carrying on her end of the conversation. Now she just has to learn its rude to talk when others are talking and to wait her turn.
Hopefully you enjoyed these as much as I did. It's funny just thinking about them now, even if at the time they were not so funny. They definitely keep me on my toes!

1 comment:

  1. We really are on the same wave length. I feel like when I read your blog it's the exact same things we are going through. I know a lot of it is an age thing with the kiddos, but man. I actually took Owen to the pediatrician today to discuss behavior and discipline because Owen is doing the same hitting behavior and nothing is working. I'm actually planning on writing an entire blog post about the outcome in the next day or two. Hopefully it will give you some good pointers as well. I know it opened my eyes to some new methods. I just hope it works.

    ReplyDelete