Monday, November 22, 2010

It was a crazy weekend! It was just the kids and myself as Dusty was out of town which means lots of people invited us to join them which was great, but by Sunday evening I was looking forward to Monday and resuming our regular lives.

Friday evening we had dinner with my mom, Reb, and baby Jane while Auntie was bartending. Max did not want to eat, he wanted to help Auntie serve up drinks! Eventually he settled down though, just in time for Rory to get restless. It was still a nice night out as it was fun to see Reb and Jane, even if Jane slept almost the whole time.

Saturday the kids and I visited the doctor's office and loaded up with their flu shots and Max finished catching up with his immunizations. Then we went to Grandma's house to play.


After the kids' naps we loaded up again and went to Throwback's for Brayden's 1st birthday. He looked as cute as could be and the kids had fun with their balloons, harmonicas, and the police car/ball pit that was there. Brayden seemed to enjoy his birthday cake!


We returned to Grandma's after the party where we had popcorn and movie night and then once the kids were in bed I got busy finishing the quilt I started over 3 years ago. Mom was a great help and even did most of the hidden stitching for me as I could not get a grasp on it. (In my defense, it was 11pm at that point.) But I did finish it and it now sits in Rory's crib with her. I am so happy it's done and it's the perfect size for her crib too!

Sunday morning we stopped and visited with my Grandpa (GG Bill) at his new apartment. The kids had fun playing in the window looking at all the traffic below while Grandpa got a good laugh at how wild they really were.


Sunday evening wrapped up with dinner at Grammy and Dido's! (and Auntie Rosie too.) I mean, how could I possibly turn down an invite for some delicious lamb? We were forced to eat and run since the kids were pretty exhausted at this point. Needless to say we were all in bed early and thankfully everyone slept without interruptions.

Thanks to everyone that filled up our busy weekend. And thank you to all of those I had to turn down because we were so busy. It's nice to know so many people are willing to help out when I'm a solo parent. But with that said...

Ahhh, Monday, I never thought I'd be so happy to see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment