Thursday, November 18, 2010

Are you ready to fall in love with my high strung, controlling, lovable little man?

We have had a bedtime ritual for a while now. It starts with potty, teeth brushing, and 2 bedtime stories. I tuck him in and then I give him a kiss good night, shut off the light, and pretend to go out the door to have Max yell "Big kiss!" I then turn around and go back in and make a big deep noise and we exchange big kisses and then I'm out the door reminding him I'll see him in the morning.

Lately? Max has been trying to extend the amount of time his bedtime ritual goes. He takes his time going potty, spends a lot of time examining and brushing his teeth, and he's developed an indecisiveness with picking out his 2 bedtime stories. Yeah, he's getting far too witty for a two year old! I'm not usually a sucker for them but he's got me on the one.

Now when I tuck him in, give him his kiss and go out the door? He first asks for "Big kiss!" Then he started asking for "Little kiss." I had to oblige him! I mean he's learning his opposites and that deserves a reward right? But now? Now he's added "Fishy kiss!" That's right people, I now have to kiss him to bed four times every night starting with a normal kiss, then go in for slobbery one, then a tiny little peck and lastly, squishing my lips up into the fishy shape.

And Max? He's just the sweetest boy in the whole world that could do no wrong during those last couple minutes every night. I mean, how can I be mad at such an innocent little request? Even if it does make me out to be the fool...

No comments:

Post a Comment