Tuesday, November 23, 2010

This morning I went and woke Rory up and we cuddled, laughed at ourselves in the mirror, pushed lots of buttons on her radio and then got dressed. After we got dressed I said, "Lets go wake up your brother" and she instantly squealed and then pulled me along by my hands as her feet were moving far too fast for her little body to support herself.

We get into Max's room and Rory is squealing and grunting as she is trying to crawl into Max's bed which is just a little bit too high for her still. Max rolls over to see her then shoves his head into his pillow to take a couple more seconds to wake up. I sit down across his room, picking out his outfit for the day. I look over to see Max has turned his head to look at Rory.

He reaches up and puts his hand on the top of her head. Then he very gently pulls her head close to his as he moves close to hers. I hold my breath, not certain what is to come, only to see him give her the gentlest kiss on the lips and then to lay his head back down.Rory continues to squeal in delight and grunt in frustration at her inability to get up into bed with Max.

That moment brought tears to my eyes then, and telling it now makes them appear once more. I am so, so thankful that I caught that loving, generous, kind moment between my two children. Thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment