Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Saturday was supposed to be our low-key day as we didn't have any plans until dinner time. The kids slept in, which was great, but it threw a wrench into our (ok...my) perfectly oiled plan for the day. So instead we ended up loading up port-a-cribs, overnight bags, costumes and ran a bunch of errands as fast as we could so we could make it to the farm in time for the kid's naps so they could wake up and we'd be at the party on time!

Me and my planning, it's always setting myself up for failure! We got there and I setup the kids in a back bedroom while Dusty took them out to look at the cows. (There was no bringing Max into the house without seeing them first, no way Jose!) Then we tucked them in and left them alone. 45 minutes later I hear Max yelling clear as day, which is weird because I shouldn't. I go check and he's got the bedroom door open and is yelling "Hi Daddy!"

-Wait, didn't you say you packed the port-a-cribs? What do you mean he had the door open?

Well, we did have Max in the port-a-crib, but apparently he has learned to climb out! So instead of the kids sleeping, like I had thought, Max had entertained Rory while she bounced around in her port-a-crib. I couldn't even be mad, I just laughed, it was actually pretty cute. I finally got Rory settled back down and Dusty attempted to put Max back to bed in a different bedroom. We're pretty sure he did go to sleep for a short period of time but within the hour he was downstairs waiting for someone to find him. Little stinker escaping from his bed!

Rory woke up in time to start greeting the rest of the guests and the evening went pretty well. Since Max didn't really nap he was in a bit of a mood but it was mostly manageable so I can't complain. Plus, dinner was too delicious to stay stressed out on a crabby child. Jeff and Cyd made turkey, potatoes, broccoli, stuffing, sweet potatoes, and gravy - can you stop yourself from drooling?! I thought I took a lot of pictures on my camera, but on later inspection I really only took a few and the majority of them are of the small children. So I'm guessing all those other pictures I see in my head were the pictures I took on Cyd's camera for her. So you'll just have to enjoy pictures of the cute kids enjoying cupcakes as those are the pictures I have!




Thank you for an excellent dinner Auntie Cyd and Uncle Jeff! I know we were full when we left, and it certainly helped having all that food in our bellies before our crazy Halloween party that night!

Oh? And also? We'll be transitioning Max to a big boy bed this weekend. I really hope he stays in his bed and we all get to sleep. I don't think I'm really ready for this, I've been enjoying sleeping in the last few weekends!

1 comment:

  1. We've been talking about transitioning Owen too over the next month. I keep putting it off though. I like him in a crib. I fear that life will change with him in a big boy bed :-)

    ReplyDelete