Thursday, August 12, 2010

So it's Thursday and we're on to my final post about last weekend. No wonder I am still feeling exhausted! (Although all the heat and humidity probably doesn't help.)

Sunday morning, we got up, ate our breakfast, and then loaded up and headed out to the Washington County Fair! I was so excited to take the kids to see all the animals, eat all the fried food, and even attempt a few rides. Then I attempted to take a picture. Instead I saw an error telling me that I did not have a memory card. NO!!!!!! I honestly thought about crying for a moment there. I ended up having to use my camera phone instead.

Here's Rory's hand as she had just touched the cow's wet nose, causing the cow to step back!


Daddy and Max pretending to go for a ride.


Obviously my camera phone does not take as nice of pictures as my camera does so I was really disappointed. Then Ashley called and said she was going to meet us and that she'd bring her camera! I was so happy I actually jumped a bit while talking to her. (We've already established I'm weird, right?) Look at the much higher quality in these photos!

Max was very proud of his balloon and did a great job of hanging on to it, until we saw the ponies, and then it magically floated up into the air!


Rory got extremely hot and her head became drenched in sweat. We made her natural curls poof out for fun and Ashley fed her a freezy to help keep her cool. Ashley saves the day again!


Daddy took the kids in to pet the baby calf. It slept the whole time that Max and Rory tugged and pulled on it!


Dusty and I were able to take the kids down the big slide; not only once, but twice! We had a blast and the kids seemed to enjoy it too as Max was trying to go back for a third ride. It was noon though and after being at the fair for a few hours, and having the heat and humidity really crank up that last hour, we knew it was time to go.


After the fair we headed to Grammy and Dido's to celebrate Ed's birthday with the family. I didn't get much for pictures as I was busy either helping or entertaining small children, but I was able to get a picture of Oliver and Rory's feet next to each other. He is three months younger yet his feet are larger then Rory's! (Also, note her adorable paint job by yours truly!)


If you can't tell by all my posts, we really did have a great weekend with our families! Better yet? The kids are headed up to the lake this weekend with Grandma and GG! Dusty and I? We'll be in bed - sleeping!

No comments:

Post a Comment