Friday, August 13, 2010

I have some funny stories to share for Friday, 3 of which will have pictures, one will not for obvious reasons when you get there. (Isn't that such a great lead-in?)

The other day, Rory was playing with her food and kept attempting to put her food on her foot instead of in her mouth. Dusty found this hilarious and demanded I get the camera. Sure enough, as I'm pulling it out of the case she actually does balance a piece of food on her foot, take her hand away, look at it, then grab it and put it in her mouth! I, on the other hand, scrambled to get a picture of the food and was only fast enough to get a picture of her taking it off her foot. So you'll just have to imagine the rest of the action while looking at this!


Max came home yesterday from daycare with some interesting face paint. I don't know the story behind it, since Dusty picked up Max and didn't ask, but I was super excited to see that he had purple of all colors! Maybe this means he will share this as his favorite color with his Mama?


At dinner, Max kept insisting he was all done after just a couple bites. In order to emphasize this he kept attempting to take his bib off. Well the bib is a bit small for him and he couldn't get it over his head. He did, however, manage to get it stuck on his forehead. It was so funny because it was slowly moving back down and pushing his skin into his eyes and Max thought this was hilarious because Mama and Daddy were laughing. Of course I got a picture!


Lastly, and the funniest story even without a picture, Dusty and I are not in agreement on what to call baby powder. I have always referred to it as butt powder. Dusty also called it this and it wasn't a big deal. Max has grown to love putting his butt powder on at night as we let him hold the container and shake it (with our help). But then Dusty suddenly decided to start calling it nut powder. You'd have to ask him why, I still don't agree. He of course thinks it is funny when he can get Max to say "nut powder" instead of "butt powder" although it doesn't usually happen unless encouraged by his father and only at bedtime when we actually put it on. Well the other week, I'm sitting in the bathroom with Max waiting for him to go big boy potty and he suddenly lifts up his privates and points right at his testicles and says "Nuts" "Nuts Mama!"

Now how in the heck did he correlate nut powder to pointing at his nuts?! And is that what we're going to call them, nuts?! I stifled my laugh while also reeling in my shock, calmly reassured him that yes, those were his nuts and then walked out of the bathroom and explained to Dusty that Max now knows what his nuts are. We both erupted into giggles. We are so mature!

1 comment:

  1. I more than giggled when I got to the last story with no pictures. Give Dusty a high five for me and tell him good job!

    ReplyDelete