Friday, August 20, 2010

Rory has recently discovered how much fun playing with her food can be! Every day, I pick her up from daycare she is in a new outfit as they've had to change her after lunch. Every evening, we have to put her in the tub to wash up because she is covered in food!


Oh and those curls? Yeah, she has recently discovered how much fun it is to play with her hair while she eats leading to scenes like this:


My baby girl was supposed to be the easy one, Max had paved my way into motherhood and taught me all the tricks of the trade, or so I'd hoped. Rory is teaching me things Max can't teach. Max gets the most emotional, and cries the hardest, when he is scared or really hurt. Rory lets out the most heart wrenching cry when you hurt her feelings, because emotions are far more important to my little girl then they are to my little man. She also has learned how to do that horrible shriek, the one that sounds like she has just been greeted by the grim reaper. She uses it ALL THE TIME, especially when her brother will attempt to scream right along with her. And seriously? It is an impressive scream! We keep trying to ignore it in hopes she'll stop before giving some random person a heart attack from the panic it induces! Of course, the more we ignore it the more she does it to attract our attention. She has us figured out pretty well already!

These are just some of the things my baby girl is teaching me. My baby girl that is 11 months old today! This will be her last month picture as she will be 1 year old in a month. Yes, it is an emotional time for me, especially since we believe this will be our last child. I'm sure I'll have more on that when her birthday draws nearer. Happy 11 month birthday baby girl! You make us so, so proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment