Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Because yesterday was so awesome, we're going to skip our weekend recap today and instead look at cute pictures from yesterday. Yes, I realize this throws my whole order off but being the author of this blog with no editor, I get to do as I like. (Power is wonderful!)

First off, I was so incredibly excited to see a package in the mail when I got home from my cousin Brooke at BCatThreads.com. That means the dress had arrived! What dress you ask? The super awesome purple dress I ordered for Rory's 1st birthday pictures! Check out how adorable she looks. I can't wait until our professional shots next month, she is going to shine.


Then after dinner (yes, the dress was removed and put somewhere safe) Dusty and Max got busy making the bird houses we brought home from the county fair, and let me tell you, that was a sight to see. Dusty did let Max attempt to hammer the nails by himself but then they ended up having Dusty hammer while Max held on to the hammer. It was really funny!


Since Max and Dusty did all the building, Rory and I painted! We only painted one of the houses as that was a big enough mess for me to call it quits after one, but I had fun helping Rory finger paint and trying to prevent her from eating the paint or pulling on the newspaper below. She's got a little while before she truly understands the whole painting concept!


After our baths the kids snuggled up with Daddy and watched Ernie and the gang sing "Do De Duckie with Ernie" (Which I'm linking to because it's Max's favorite and I think you'll like it!) while Mom cleaned up. Thankfully I was able to get this picture, it's definitely one of my new favorites!


It was a fun evening with the kids but Daddy and I were really excited once they went to bed; we were exhausted! Thankfully it should be pretty relaxed week.

2 comments:

  1. that dress is sooo adorable!!!!!!!!!! might just have to check them out! do i get a discount since we have the same cousin??? lol

    ReplyDelete