Monday, August 2, 2010

My weekend was exciting but my Monday has started out horribly. I realized on Sunday when I picked up my car from a friend's place that it had been "broken" into. And by broken into, I mean they opened the driver's door since it wasn't locked. The glove compartment was open and I thought they took Dusty's sunglasses off of his visor. So I didn't call and report it since everything else was still there, they just took some sunglasses.

Dusty called me this morning when he got to work as he realized that his garage door opener was stolen. So they must have taken the opener and got our address off of our insurance card in the car. SCARY! I immediately jetted home and had a police officer meet me there. Thankfully nobody had been there and we've locked everything up. Plus, now the police are on the alert for our neighborhood.

Hopefully they either went by Saturday night and saw that Dusty was home and left never to return. Or they'll drive by at some point, see the garage door opener does not work and continue on their way. I realize you can't lock a house to keep people out for good, but we're in the middle of a field so there is really no way to hide and break into our home without someone noticing. (Lots of our neighbors are home during the day and we've made friends with many so they'd know if something was suspicious. We've had calls before about forgetting to shut our garage door.)

So I'm OK. Obviously a little on edge but happy Dusty realized what was stolen so we can take the necessary precautions. Hopefully this is the last you'll hear about this incident!

No comments:

Post a Comment