Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Since you probably read my last post about how my son almost got hit by a car I’ve decided to make this blog post all about the Max Man.

Saturday while we were at the farm, it was raining and Max really wanted to get out of the shop. Dusty got the great idea to put Max in our van. Given, this isn’t a new thing, we know it isn’t the safest play area but he just likes to honk the horn or climb all over the seats. Nothing a vacuum can’t fix up when he’s done. What Dusty neglected to remember was that he had quite a wad of cash in the center console as we had planned to go to the St. Paul Farmer’s Market if they decided not to plant the garden in the rain. So when we finally got the kids and get ready to leave we see all this cash lying all over the van. Dusty picks it up and says that his $100 bill is missing. So we both get out and start searching all over the van and we’re joking about it with everyone else. After we get home and I put everyone’s muddy/wet clothes in the wash Dusty reassures me he went through his cash at home and he really is missing a $100 bill. Sure enough, I go to put the clothes in the dryer and check Max’s pocket to find not only the $100 bill but also a $5 bill. I took this picture and sent it to everyone else that was at the farm too. He sure does make us giggle sometimes!


Saturday night when I left, Rory had been put to bed and Dusty was hanging out with Max in the family room. I go in there to see Dusty playing his deer hunting game on the Wii. I was upset because I feel Max doesn't need to start watching a hunting game where animals are killed, it’s just a bit violent for a two year old in my opinion. Dusty tried to argue that it wasn’t a big deal and that Max only watched it for a couple of seconds before getting bored and playing. While we’re discussing this Dusty shoots a deer and it makes a bunch of noises and falls over to die. What does Max do? He goes “oh oh” and points at the screen. Dusty and I instantly smile because we both know who’s winning this argument and then Max points at the screen and starts going “pfff” “pfff” like he’s shooting the gun! Needless to say, the game was shut off. I know he’ll get in trouble at daycare if he makes shooting noises, so I’m not completely irrational here.

Lastly, we’ve cracked and bought our first box of Pull-ups on Sunday. The plastic pants have given Max two bad cuts or burns on his inner thigh in the last 2 weeks. I’m assuming that with the humidity and all his running it just wasn’t mixing well. On top of that, since we are spending so much more time outside, he has been having more accidents. I’m not sure how I’m going to feel about the Pull-ups so we only bought a box and we’ll decide after that if we want to continue (as in he is still keeping them dry and using the potty) or if we’ll want to postpone our potty training attempts until the fall. I’m really not sure which way we’ll go, I hate the idea of relapsing after all the progress we’ve made, but they are more expensive than diapers and I don’t want to waste money if he isn’t going to try to keep them dry like he has with his under ware. He has done his best to keep his diapers dry when we have put them on him so I’m hoping he’ll do the same with the Pull-ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment