Monday, June 21, 2010

Poor Dusty, his reunion with his family and Father's Day was unfortunately just a small moment of joy in an otherwise busy, busy life.

Friday afternoon I got a call from daycare to let me know that Rory had a fever - as I was driving in to pick her up! I made a quick decision and decided that we would still be traveling to the lake house as I had no desire to sit at home with a sick baby and no help. Thankfully, Rory was really fine. She did have a fever and was slightly more crabby, but really, she was also pretty great given that she was stuck in the car for over 2 hours!

Saturday she was still a bit cranky but otherwise seemed to be on the mend so we decided to continue with our plans to go up to Ino, WI to participate in the Wood Tick Races. We had a blast, the kids had a lot of fun, Max had WAY too much sugar between all the yummy treats that everyone would hand him if he got within ten feet of the food area, and everyone left dirty and tired!

Unfortunately, later that evening, Max got sick. We assumed he was just sick from all the sugar he had. (He seriously had a ton of treats and juice, which he is not used to.) But when he was still throwing up 6 hours later we figured he probably caught Rory's illness. When we got up with him at 2am, after the sheet/pillow case change and his 3rd wash down we crawled into bed and I snuggled up next to Dusty and said, "I think this is going to be the most appropriate time to tell you 'Happy Father's Day!'" We both giggled. I mean, why not just accept that his Father's Day is not going to be about you now? Thankfully, we gave him his gift - a dump trailer for his lawn tractor - on Saturday when it was just us and no grandparents.

Max was feeling better on Sunday. He was a ball of energy and running around for the most part but he still needed a good cuddle, extra sleep, and wouldn't eat much. Hopefully he'll be feeling better today. Daddy is home with him so I know he's in good hands!

Oh, and those crazy tick races? I'll post pictures later. I still have to sort them out to pick out some of my favorites. But here is Rory's 9 month picture to tide you over until then. We go in for her checkup today, I can't wait to see how big she is now!

No comments:

Post a Comment