Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Picking pictures can be so hard sometimes because I want to tell the story but I also want to show off some of my favorites. Hopefully you'll enjoy these as much as I do!

Before we left Mom decided to let Dusty wear her "special" tick shirt. It was rather comical!

It was fun to see "the old folk" just sitting back and enjoying everyone. They just sat there and soaked up all the fun and everyone just came to them. Look at how relaxed and happy they seem!

I was able to get a picture of my kids with their GG John. As you can tell it was towards the end and they both were filthy from all the fun at the tracks. I wouldn't have it any other way. This is exactly how my sisters, cousins, and I used to look when we'd leave from there too!


They bring a book with pictures and newspaper articles from the Wood Tick Races in the past. Well, there also were a few old pictures from the family reunion that had me and my cousins so I took pictures of them. (Yeah, I'm real sneaky.) Here's one of them - I'm on the right:

When we got home I had my mom take a family picture for me. I wanted to get a picture of all of us dirty and tired. We all had a great time and I love that I get to do this tradition with my own children!

2 comments:

  1. Love it!! I am so bummed I wasn't there. I miss the Woodtick Races so much. I have such great memories of it growing up and can't wait for my boys to have as much fun as I did. Also, love the new blog look!! Now can you do mine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogger has a new template designer, I can't claim much for the new look. Plus, I know you have something in mind that you want so you should be able to do it once you learn how. :-)

    ReplyDelete