Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Please, oh please tell me that I don't have a biter and that this is just Max's coping mechanism while Daddy is out of town! He bit two kids and was stopped from biting on two other occasions yesterday. He even attempted to bite his teacher when she stopped him one of the times! Oh my little monster.

I'm hoping that once we are with Daddy again he will stop, but I know I am grasping at threads here. I'm trying to stay with the positive parenting at this time and praising him often when he is doing good things and then talking with him when we have some quiet time and explaining that we don't hurt our friends by biting or hitting them. We tell them "I'm mad" instead. Yeah, I know, sounds really lame-o but what can I do when he isn't acting out on me all that much right now? I'm not going to make a situation occur.

Naturally I've been researching and I even have a book on its way from the library to see if it will help. I hate that there really is no good advice. I've heard and read just about everything that is suggested and nothing is guaranteed to work. So while making him bite an onion or even flat out biting Max are some of the extremes, I don't want to go that route if it isn't guaranteed to work. I guess I'll stick with this method for now and hope it passes quickly. (Like Daddy gets home and he is instantly cured!)

No comments:

Post a Comment