Friday, March 16, 2012

This week Max had spring break from preschool. Auntie Rosie also had spring break from school and she really didn't want to go to the farm to help with the greenhouses. So we decided she could watch the kids and I would help out at the greenhouses this week. You guys? That was the best thing ever! I was exhausted every afternoon, crabby and short with my children and completely overwhelmed with everything that still needed to be done once I got home.

Why was that the best thing ever? Isn't it obvious, it helped me put into perspective just how lucky I am to be home with my children. I knew that my life was easier without a job to worry about but having that reality hit me smack in the face while I was actually living it again? (And only for a week mind you.) It was amazing and so needed. A nice reminder that while my life certainly isn't easy I'm also not that frazzled crazy mom and wife that I had been. Just awesome!

Don't worry, I did get the kids out to the farm with me today. They were getting pretty mad that I was going with out them, and they insisted that Rosie was mean to them. (Hee hee hee, mean Rosie.) They worked really hard at getting the pots together.



And after many, many requests, Uncle Jeff finally obliged the kids with a tractor/trailer ride to feed the calves. 


Of course, they didn't have any fun watching Uncle Ed pour out the feed for the little cows, or playing in it.


I also conned the kids in going for a walk with me by telling them I saw a mouse over by some hay bales. (A complete lie.) 


We get further along on our walk and we're checking out an auger and wouldn't you know it? A mouse jumped out at me. 


Worse yet? The kids didn't even see it, they were looking the other way and only looked after I yelled. Figures! 

So I'm happy today. Really tired and sore. But really happy. It's been a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment