Thursday, March 22, 2012

OK, I know I've been having an off week but I just now realized that yesterday I wrote, "Hello Tuesday" when it wasn't even Tuesday! How come no one is calling me on the crazy over here?!

Yesterday, Wednesday, I decided to try out potato stamps with the kids. We've been doing a craft a day this week as the rain has left us stranded indoors and potato stamps sounded like fun. I figured, we'd decorate some Spring banners and find a place to hang them.


You guys? It took me 30 minutes to carve out 4 stamps. And I'm not an artist, nor a perfectionist when it comes to art. I know my limitations. It just took that long! Carving potatoes? Not as easy as it seems.


Worse yet? The kids stamped their signs for about 3 minutes. And during those 3 minutes I was completely hands on helping as the paint did not want to stick to the wet potatoes. So we're at a ratio of 10 minutes of work to 1 minutes of fun. Fun that entitled me to still work!


Then what did the kids decide they wanted to do? Oh yeah, finger paint. Why did I waste my time writing out "Happy Spring" on their banners if they were going to be completely painted over?!


I tell you, trying to encourage creativity and go with the flow thing is really difficult when all your hard work goes right out the door!

Today is a movie day. We'll still think of a craft but I'm not putting that much time into it today. Mama's a bit crafted out. Happy Feet, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment