Friday, March 2, 2012

Max, Rory and I went to the Minnesota Zoo today with Reb, Jane, Becca and Conan. It was the worst zoo experience I've had yet - I lost the kids.

While we were walking up an entryway the kids started running and I stayed behind pushing the stroller. A group of school kids came running by and I lost sight of Max and Rory in the group. Long story short, after about 3 minutes of looking I figured I better notify someone and with the volunteers' help along with Becca and Reb, the kids were discovered. While we all met up the volunteer was laughing because usually a lost kid is upset, looking for their mom. My two kids were together and perfectly happy. In fact, Max came up looking angry that he was forced to come back.

After a quick discussion about how that was not OK and that they had scared Mom, along with a couple tears on Mom's end, we continued on our way. Less then 3 minutes later? Rory turned a corner and when I followed her she was gone. You guys? Not even 30 seconds had gone by! She had to of been running too because by the time Reb and I caught up with her we found her at the complete other end of the trail and she had just sat down in the middle of the trail catching the eye of two volunteers.

Needless to say she was not allowed anywhere after that without holding my hand.

And it was so crowded! I've never been to the zoo when it was that crowded before. There were so many school groups and families and it was really overwhelming. Trying to let the kids walk around in the zoo was exhausting as they were constantly getting overtaken by large school groups.

I didn't take a whole lot of pictures given the high stress levels but I do have at least two to show. Here are all the kids, eating a cracker and taking a break. And the only picture where they all four are looking. Kids!


And we made it to the dolphin feeding which the kids loved! (Well, Jane sort of liked it, when she wasn't upset that she couldn't have the ball in the tank.)


So today gets to go on that list of horrible memories, along with Rory's hospitalization and the time Max almost got hit by the car. That's a fun memory list to keep! (Sarcasm if you didn't read that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment