Friday, March 9, 2012

My parents bought me a new lens for my camera. It was actually my birthday gift but life got in the way and I only just received the lens from them yesterday. So today has been all about trying out the new lens! It's also, really cold so I've been forced to find ways to entertain the kids inside. (It helps when Auntie and Uncle Randy both stop by, good distractions!)

First, we had to setup a back drop so I could see how the blur works and I am so happy!


It's funny because it doesn't look anything like this while looking through the viewfinder so it's almost like a little surprise waiting for you when you take the photo! It's not as obvious when the background is similar to the foreground. (Yes, Mama made a hopscotch on the carpet, I know you're impressed.)


The kids had fun hopping and retrieving their toys they threw. Did you notice the blurring on the kids clothes here, away from the focus? So cool!



Lastly, Max has recently learned how to zip up his own jackets and sweatshirts. He decided to try and give Rory a hand with hers. Such a cute, loving photo, and the blurry edges are just AWESOME!


This camera obsession? It isn't going away anytime soon.

*If you're curious, it's a 50mm f/1.8 lens. No zoom people - that's going to be hard to adjust to.

No comments:

Post a Comment