Thursday, March 29, 2012

Story hour!

I cannot tell you how much I love Pinterest, especially for their recipes, my dinner inspirations have all come from their lately, whether an actual recipe or just getting ideas. One thing I'm really in love with is the Toddler Muffins from AllRecipes.com. Seriously, go make them for yourself, they are so good and healthy too! (Just make sure to add some dried fruit or chocolate chips to help sweeten them up a bit!)

As you saw from the photo a couple days ago, Rory has an absolute love of dirt. While this isn't exactly something that bothers me, I wouldn't say that I'm thrilled with constantly having to clean the dirt off of her. The one issue I do have is that Rory is now putting rocks in her mouth and then chewing and sucking on them. She'll usually claim to have a piece of candy or some other sweat item so we'll know to tell her to spit it out but that cannot be good for her teeth. (Not to mention the choke hazard!)

Max has developed a new apathy to preschool. Outside of his usual complaints of not wanting to go, he now doesn't want to participate in anything. He refused to bring a show and tell item to preschool today and will never go sit with his classmates when I drop him off but will instead go stand over on the side. His teacher keeps telling me he is doing well so apparently most of this is done only for my benefit. I wish there was an answer on how to get him past this but since the school year is wrapping up I'm just hopeful that next year will be different for him.

Speaking of next year, our district has Jr. Kindergarten, where the kids ride the bus to the elementary school four days a week for a half day. Tomorrow Max will go to his screening at the district to make sure he appears ready. I'm not really nervous, they send you home with a questionnaire that you fill out and he does almost everything they asked of him. There were only two areas that we didn't have affirmative answers, drawing people and coloring within the lines. Neither of these things worry me, one because I haven't tried to work with him on this, and two because he did everything else they asked. I'm actually pretty excited!

And one more Pinterest  recipe, just because it's made my life a heck of a lot easier and saves us quite a bit of money. I've been cooking whole chickens in the crock pot! I've been able to pick up a whole chicken for around $5.00. The chicken is super tender and all leftovers are used another night for something else delicious. So that's at least two dinners out of the chicken plus it's a real time saver!

OK, I hoped you enjoyed story hour, it's time for me to get back to motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment