Friday, March 23, 2012

The kids and I made a trek out to the falls today with Maya. I had no intention of taking any photos but then Max stopped us and said, "Hey Mom, take a picture of our shadows!" Naturally I had to. That's my boy!


Dusty's been on my case to let the kids get a sandbox. I really don't want one. Outside of the mess that it would entail, (he wants to put it around the WHOLE play set) we also have a lot of cats that walk through our backyard. So then I have to worry about all the cat poop that would appear in it. While on our walk this happens, and I start to think of ways we could compromise.


To change the subject a bit, I have another funny story from this afternoon. Rory went potty for the first time by herself. This means that she did not need someone to just tell her it was time and take her to the potty. I should be excited, but I'm not.


Yup, that's her very first potty; sitting uphill, on a muddy ground. You guys, it took two wipes to clean up the damage and her underwear and pants both got wet from everything flowing downhill. It is a very funny story but not a very successful first potty.

I hope you all have a nice weekend. We're planning lots of outside time!

1 comment:

  1. I want a sandbox too and we couldn't get one because of our own cat who lived outdoors during the day. After we lost him last year I was all ready to get the sandbox, but now we have 2 neighbor cats that come in our yard all the time. There would be nothing worse than cleaning up someone else's cat poop! UGH! The boys absolutely love sandboxes though and I really want one. Let me know what you decide to do and if you figure out a way to do it. Maybe I'll copy you :-)

    ReplyDelete