Monday, May 9, 2011

It was a birthday weekend. Friday we went out to dinner for Auntie Katie's 30th birthday, Saturday was Max's big day, and Sunday we celebrated Conan's 1st birthday. This is just too much to post about in one day so today will be about Saturday and Max's celebration. 

To start, my legs were apparently not tan enough for a dress but see if I cared. Martha Stewart had nothing on me this year!


I spent three days, THREE DAYS, working on these cupcakes. They turned out pretty amazing if you ask me. Of course, I didn't have Anna so they were a boxed cake recipe but the decorating is where all the work came into play with frosting, cookies, candies. Sorry Anna, I just couldn't bake from scratch without you by my side! 


We didn't start out with cupcakes of course. Tacos were served and I got lots of compliments so I must have done something right. Of course, Mexican is my first go to for a quick meal so I think it's one of my strongest meals to make! 


P.S. How adorable is our new red picnic table? I'm in love with it!

After eating we had some play time before opening gifts. Rory and Lyla were having a blast yelling down to everyone from the deck. It was adorable!


Max got lots of awesome gifts, including this bike from Grandma and Bopa!


And then there was the 4 wheeler...


Yes, my 3 year old son got a four wheeler for his birthday*. Naturally he is in love with it and would make us bring it into his room every night if we could. How cute is Rory getting a ride from her brother? (With Daddy's help.)


*I was not aware of this gift that Daddy and Chris (along with Randy and Ashley getting the helmet) had picked out until a few days before the party. So you can't judge me, I wasn't involved. 

Afterwards we had a bonfire and just enjoyed spending time with our families. I love this picture I captured of Rory with one of her godfathers, Cecil, just precious!


It was a great party. Thank you to everyone that came and helped Max celebrate his big day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment