Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Yesterday was beautiful out, so instead of writing the post about Katie's and Conan's birthdays during nap time, I sat in my lounge chair and soaked up some sun. I'm sorry I left you hanging an extra day, but man was it worth it! Also worth noting, I lathered the kids up with sunscreen twice yesterday to protect them from the sun but didn't protect myself, and I didn't get a burn, so much for being over cautious!

So to backtrack, Friday we went to dinner with a group of 16 people to celebrate Katie's 30th birthday. Now Katie is 9 months pregnant so I imagine her 30th birthday is not going to be her favorite but she took it like a champ celebrating with family!


Oh, and Lyla was scooping the icing off the cake and feeding it to Max. How cute!


Sunday we spent the afternoon at Conan's 1st birthday! He got lots of nice presents, and got his own cupcake to eat.


And after they cleaned up the mess, Conan came down in a new outfit that announced he was going to be a big brother! Everyone was really excited!


So the weekend was overloaded with cake and cupcakes, lots of singing and presents, and most importantly good times with family and friends! Look for an entry on the arrival of my new niece or nephew in the next few weeks as Katie should have that baby anytime now; and in December I'll be sure to post about Conan's new brother or sister too!

1 comment:

  1. oh well THAT'S Weird. I have no IDEA what it's like to have a sibling who just has to one up you on your own special day....I pity Conan already.

    ReplyDelete