Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Today Max and I visited with my audiologist so Max could have a hearing test done. I had tried to prep him as much as I could with what to expect but he really wasn't all that interested in my descriptions. Thankfully he handled leaving Rory with Grammy at the farm pretty well, and he especially liked that I made a big deal that it was just Max and Mama going because he was special.

By the time we saw the audiologist he was pretty excited and in a really good mood. We went straight back into the little sound booth where the audiologist asked Max to repeat a few words and looked in his ears. Then she went out of the booth leaving Max on my lap as he wore some headphones and a microphone. I have no idea what completely went on after this point, as she talked to him through the headphones leaving me in silence. But since I'm a bit of a pro at hearing tests now (and I got to hear all of Max's side of the conversation) she had him repeat words back to her and she also had him tell her when he heard the birdy. (I'm not sure if the beeps change to a different sound or not for him, but I do know that he'd suddenly yell out "BIRDY!" every couple of seconds and it was so funny since I had no idea what was going on.)

It was over and done within 15 minutes and Max passed with flying colors. Looks like I'm not passing on my bad hearing to the little man. YES!

Also in exciting news? Katie and Andrew are currently at the hospital and we should hear if Max and Rory have a new boy or girl cousin sometime today! Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment