Monday, May 30, 2011

Friday I had an extremely hard time leaving home to head up to the lake; between Nora being in the NICU, my girlfriend miscarrying her child, and Dusty not joining us so as to catch up on our garage timeline, well lets just say there were many tears on that drive.

Thankfully, while it will never be my favorite Memorial Day weekend, it was still fun for many reasons. We got to spend time with my cousins Nikii and Lucas and my Aunt Joy, whom we never get to see enough of. (And meet Joy's boyfriend Tim too!) We sneaked in a few boat rides and finally broke in the new pontoon. 



There were bonfires both evenings with smores roasted, and a very silly game of charades. And on Sunday Dusty showed up unexpectedly which made the kids' and my day! Naturally that meant we needed another boat ride.


And of course some fishing, where many crappies and sunnies were caught!


It was great to get to see Joy, Nikii and Lucas. The kids had a lot of fun, Dusty got to get a little fishing in before returning home to continue working on the garage, and I attempted to relax. So I'd say it was a successful weekend even if it was a hard one for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment