Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Today we're going to focus on Rory. Max has been driving me crazy with his desire to help himself to whatever he wants without asking first, CROSSING THE STREET UNANNOUNCED, putting various products in his hair (yes, it has happened again) and other various naughty 3 year old boy things that quite frankly may give me my first gray hairs.

So Rory, my sweet little baby that still listens to me and needs my help to get things; yes, I'm liking this. First, since I left you with a cliffhanger yesterday, I took her in to the doctor and she did develop an infection. Basically all the pooping has eaten up the healthy bacteria which lead to her getting a yeast infection. (Sorry future, older Rory, you are less then 2 so don't be too embarrassed.) Since it's more then likely this will be an issue for at least a couple weeks if not longer, and it was a pretty bad infection, Rory's going to be quite medicated/protected. Just look at all the stuff on her bed now to help combat this!


The worst is the nighttime routine. We have an oral prescription to give her before bed. Then we change her diaper and put on an over the counter fungal cream followed by the prescription butt cream; pour in a good amount of corn starch and close up the diaper. Then we spot check for any eczema patches and apply Cortisone before smothering her body in Aquaphor. Every diaper change we do the diaper routine and apply Aquaphor to her eczema patches. Seriously, did I not mention that I came home to reality after that wonderful weekend away?! The good news is she's looking a lot better, hopefully it continues to help heal her poor skin.

But I didn't want to focus on Rory to complain. I mean look at this girl! Her hair is getting longer although you'd never know because as it's been warming up? Her hair has been curling up. Seriously, it is out of control every morning. Say hello to our bed head!


She's also been amazing us with her new desire to be a big kid! The other day Dusty walked in the back yard to catch Rory on the second to the top ladder rung on the play set. By the time he got to her she was already up and getting ready to go down the slide. We never even thought she was big enough to climb it on her own and next thing you know she's got herself down the slide all by herself! Which, by the way, is her second favorite activity next to swinging. Look at how happy she is!



She's also growing leaps and bounds with her vocabulary. She's amazed both pediatricians we've seen this week with her phrases such as "Where Maxwell go-go?" and "Thank you Mommy!" My new favorite game to play with her is to ask what her brother's name is. Sometimes she'll say "Mac", sometimes she'll say "brother", but my all time favorite is when she says "Buddee". Seriously? How freaking adorable is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment