Friday, April 15, 2011

The kids and I bought a kite. I was so excited to get them home to fly the kite on such a windy day. Yeah, that didn't go well.


Try explaining to a 2 year old that he needs to run to get the kite up and he'll show you a 2 year old that runs five feet and turns to watch the kite spiral to the ground. It wasn't quite the success I was hoping for. So we shortened the string and I just threw the kite around for him to watch. Whenever the wind would pick the kite up and send it into a bunch of circles before it crashed back into the ground, Max considered it a success.


So yesterday we flew a kite. Maybe not how I envisioned flying it but Max sure thought it was quite a fun time!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, yes. A momma's vision is typically VERY different than what actually happens. As long as there are smiles and not tears consider it a success!! Glad you all enjoyed a windy spring day!

    ReplyDelete