Thursday, May 27, 2010

I wandered out to the garden last night to get some pictures as promised. (It was too hot and humid to do it any earlier this week.) As I was snapping my pictures I found a salamander! And yes, this was far more exciting and meant much more pictures were taken of it then of the garden.

Max was on hand to help me out so he got to see the salamander and assisted with finding a safer place then our garden for it to go.

Here's the start of our garden:

First row is of tomatoes, we did a bunch of different varieties and I'm excited to see how they all turn out. The second row is pepper plants, mainly jalapenos since we're nuts and love them and of course lots of other hot peppers and a few colorful bells.

Third row so far is just lettuce and it doesn't get the protective black plastic as it would burn the plants off in the summer. (We'll be adding more to this row as you can tell.) The last row is eggplant and zucchini.

We still have seeds for beets, carrots and beans but haven't had a chance to get a seeder and plant them so that will be coming up shortly. I'm on my second attempt to get the tomatillos started before planting them into pots around the house and we have two pots on our deck filled with cilantro, basil, rosemary and parsley. So I think we're well on our way to getting some delicious meals this summer and fall!

2 comments:

  1. I am SOOO jealous of your HUGE garden!! That is awesome! We have tomatoes on our plants already and I found a green pepper growing the other day. I'm so excited for my first gardening venture this year. How fun! BTW - LOVE the John Deere hat on Max. He looks so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been tagged! View my post here for more details....

    http://yahres.wordpress.com/2010/05/27/seven-things-that-make-me-grumpy/

    I hope you'll participate!

    ReplyDelete